Client: Graham Construction
Date: 01.12.2012 to 20.07.2013
K&K Paving Contractors were engaged by Graham Construction to deliver a full groundwork package for this school extension. We delivered high quality workmanship, on budget, and to programme durations. Main elements of work included
- Engaged from day one, we initially cleared the site, set up temporary accommodation set and installation of temporary access roads. From here we moved on to excavate the building footprint to formation level in preparation for foundation and drainage. Kerbing and road preparation.
Drainage and foundations
- Installation of full underground drainage systems both foul and surface water including manholes, pop ups, inspection chambers, rodding eyes, testing and connection to existing systems.
- Foundations consisted of both ground beams and pad foundations for structural columns. We were involved in excavation, placement, reinforcement erection and bolt placement.
- Installation of temporary utilities to both facilitate works and to temporary accommodation which included water, foul drainage, electricity and BT service.
- Installation of permanent utility systems including duct work for electrical, communication and street lighting systems including draw pit and column erection.
- Installation of kerbing working including main road kerbs, drop kerbs, bullnose kerb and pin kerb. Installation of paved areas including monoblock, tactile and Caithness slabbing. Preparation for tarmac footpaths.
- Installation of street furniture including bike racks, bollards and benches.